Over the last couple of years, cybersecurity has become of the top in-demand career options among youth amid the increasing number of cyberattacks. However, with the recent pandemic, everything, including education, is slowly moving to online platforms. Cybersecurity aspirants are also taking up online cybersecurity degrees to pursue their dream in the security industry, and there are many online cybersecurity degree options in Salt Lake, USA.
Interesting facts about cybersecurity jobs in the USA
- The average Information Cyber Security Analyst Salary in Salt Lake City, Utah is $73,247, according to PayScale
- There are over 65,000 cybersecurity jobs available across the US, according to LinkedIn
- The average salary of a cybersecurity degree holder in the US is $89,678, according to PayScale
- According to a Cyberseek report, there are over 500,000 cybersecurity jobs openings available across the United States
According to a June survey conducted by Black Hat, among 273 cybersecurity professionals, 92% of respondents said that the shortage of security skills is significantly affecting the safety and security of data, both personal and commercial. One of the respondents talked about the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on the economic crisis and skill shortage and said that “My biggest concern is the economic impact of COVID-19 and the board’s financial commitment to cybersecurity.”
EC-Council University offers both Bachelor’s and Master’s online degrees in cybersecurity for candidates who wish to pursue a cybersecurity career in this field. They can also choose from EC-Council University’s Graduate Certificate Programs if they wish to take up a short-term course in cybersecurity.
Is an online cybersecurity degree worth it?
As per a report by the Burning Glass Technologies, there has been a 94% growth in cybersecurity job postings since 2013, as compared to the overall growth across all IT positions (30%). The report also says that due to skill shortage in the industry, cybersecurity jobs take 20% longer to fill as compared to other typical IT industry roles.
At the same time, another recent survey by Niche, a college review and ranking service, more students have shifted to online education due to the global COVID-19 pandemic. It states that 93% of college and graduate students are more concerned about being able to pay for their education. 70% believe that how a school handles this situation will affect their decision to enroll next year.
Here are some reasons why a cybersecurity degree is worth it:
- Good pay: Due to a skill shortage in this industry, recruiters are willing to pay handsome salary packages to aspirants.
- Challenging and meaningful work opportunities: The cybersecurity industry has its own challenges and perks. While the type of work in this industry has its own sets of challenges, it also offers meaningful work opportunities.
- Job security: The cybersecurity industry offers a sense of security when it comes to the type of work it provides. Since the job roles are long term, security specialists do not need to worry about searching for a different role soon.
|A Leadership Career in Cybersecurity by Jay Bavisi|
About EC-Council University
EC-Council University has excellent educational programs in cybersecurity. They are equipped with the knowledge to assess the latest IT security risks and expert skills to handle them successfully. The university offers a Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity (BSCS) as well Master of Science in Cybersecurity (MSCS).
ECCU has faculty members who also serve as mentors for the students when they aspire to get into cybersecurity. The iLabs facility from the university helps in gaining hands-on practice for students.